Monday, September 13, 2010

PICS OF THE DAY!

Hey ya'll! Wanted to share 2 things real quick:

#1-DIFFERENTIATION CATEGORIES FOR TWISTED METAL:
About to settle in and take a first pass whack at getting our vehicles to feel unique and special and make sure each vehicle is balanced. The first step in a long process of tuning and tweaking nobs begins with a spreadsheet.

#2-RESPECT...BUT STILL:
I'm just seeing this for the first time today. I have to imagine this has been going around the net for ages and I'm just now seeing it. It seems like perfect NEOGAF fodder altho I've never seen this image on GAF. But a buddy of mine just brought it to my attention this morning. Hard to not respect the length these gamers went to in order to create an online game experience with a split screen game, as goofy as this picture is. But two things:

#1- as a guy who loves split screen gaming, to me, I always design with the fact that the other guy CAN see your screen in mind. To me, it's part of the fun, part of the strategy. Doesn't mean these guys above are not having a blast doing it their way; I can see that working out really good. But I always assumed others were looking at my screen and planned around that fact (as a player and a designer) accordingly.

#2- Fuck, it must REEK under that sheet! A potent cocktail of nerdsweat, cheetos, and stale farts.

David

3 comments:

grasshopper said...

I admit I was always a screen peeker back on GoldenEye and TM2. I think it does make the game waaaay more interesting not knowing exactly where the other player is. Was just playing marked man on Burnout the othere night online and when you're it they even turn off your radar. Just has that surprise and tense feeling you can't get split screen knowing where everyone is at. I would never go through those lengths to protect my screen but I always kinda wanted to. :)

lazyhoboguy said...

Yea I have seen this image before and it is pretty funny.

I think they are playing Halo1? If so they could just get another console and game and hook it up to another TV and play through the LAN mode.

I used to hate when people screen looked back in the day though. I never did it out of principle. When I won then it felt even better knowing it was pure win lol.

bamgosoo said...


Attractive section of content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing
on your augment or even I success you access constantly quickly.

Here's my website : -- 출장안마
(jk)